Tuesday, April 3, 2012


After an unbelievably stressful day I go outside to enjoy a cigarette and some warm apple cider when two police offers, stationed to patrol the neighborhood like the studly heroes that they are, cross the street to approach me on my stoop. I take a sip and greet them with a smile. We get through small talk quickly as they question whether my apartment is the one on the first floor. I have a feeling I know why they ask so I laugh and confirm. They go on to say that when they patrol at night, my apartment is the highlight of the evening. They said when they peek in and see my mannequins it makes their night as it's so interesting to see what they're wearing next. They apologized for being nosey and creepy. I for one found it flattering. They left before I could get their names, but now I want to do window displays just for them. The neighborhood is so much better now with the nightly patrols. With gang week quickly approaching, their jobs are just going to get much more dangerous... I feel it's the least I could do.

And just like that, I don''t care so much anymore that my day was stressful...

No comments:

Post a Comment